Tuesday, July 28, 2020

baseball 2020

I think starting major league baseball was ill-advised, motivated as far as I can tell by greed.  I also heard that the baseball establishment was afraid that if they had no baseball this year that fans would not return next year.  I find this justification both dubious and offensive.  This is not a dispute over money, as the most recent strike in 1994 was, as well as several other strikes and lockouts, but about safety, life and death,  Especially now, when 14 Florida Marlins tested positive for the coronavirus, it would make sense to just cancel the season.  I love baseball but I -- and I think most baseball fans -- would prefer to see this so-called season, with its DH in the National League and its runner on second at the beginning of every extra inning, completely canceled.  Lives are at stake and certainly in this case the owners and players, unlike many of us, could easily forgo the money involved in taking a break. 

No comments:

Post a Comment