Thursday, October 1, 2020

Turner Classic Movies October 2020

 Octobers on TCM are always the time for horror movies.  Instead of listing all my favorite horror movies showing this month I will just mention the directors Roger Corman, Terence Fisher, Tod Browning and Jack Arnold as four of the best makers of horror films.  If anyone wants to know about a particular film please send me an e-mail and I will share my thoughts with you.  

As for other films this October I recommend everything by the following directors, all of whom have one or more films on TCM this month:  Otto Preminger, Ernst Lubitsch, Leo McCarey, Don Siegel, George Cukor, Michael Curtiz, Billy Wilder, Michael Powell, Edgar Ulmer, John Ford and Buster Keaton (who was the creative force on all his silent films, regardless of who is credited as director). Again, I will be happy to express my feelings about any particular films from these directors, many of which I have written about on this blog.  I will return to more detailed film listings after Halloween.

No comments:

Post a Comment