Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Turner Classic Movies Feb. 2019

Lately I have been refraining from recommending any films that I have already recommended multiple times; please feel free to email me with any questions about any films. Again, I recommend anything by Alfred Hitchcock, John Ford, Charlie Chaplin, Nicholas Ray, Ernst Lubitsch, Vincente Minnelli.

Feb. 1 has two marvelous silent films from the end of the silent era:  F.W. Murnau's Sunrise (1927) and Frank Borzage's Street Angel (1928)

Feb. 2:  Jacques Demy's beautiful and moving The Umbrellas of Cherbourg (1964)

Feb. 8 is George Cukor's Adam's Rib (1949), a movie about modern marriage that transcends its time.

Feb. 14 is Leo McCarey's exquisite Love Affair (1939)

Feb. 20th is Fritz Lang's excoriating Fury (1936)

Feb. 25 is McCarey's wryly funny The Awful Truth (1937)

Feb. 27th  is John Huston's great gangster/caper film ("are you boning me?"), 1950's The Asphalt Jungle.

No comments:

Post a Comment