Monday, May 29, 2017

Turner Classic Movies June 2017

I recommend all movies directed by Douglas Sirk, Anthony Mann, Nicholas Ray, John Ford, Howard Hawks, Jacques Tourneur, Edgar Ulmer, Otto Preminger, Vincente Minnelli, Raoul Walsh, Fritz Lang..  This takes care of most of my recommendations for the month.  Others include the great documentarian Robert Flaherty (Man of Aran,  May 24), the incomparable dancing of Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers (May 23), King Vidor's moving film Bird of Paradise, about the clash of modern and primitive civilizations (May 14),and his beautiful version of War and Peace (May 26), the complex and elegant films of Michael Powell, particularly I Know Where I'm Going (May 14) and Joseph H. Lewis's intense My Name is Julia Ross (May 19th).

As usual please feel free to send me an e-mail if you have questions about a particular film.

No comments:

Post a Comment